Tiger TV Network

Filed under News, Showcase, Video

Andrew Gillum Talks to Tiger TV Network

Back to Article
Back to Article

Andrew Gillum Talks to Tiger TV Network

Mayor Andrew Gillum talks to Tiger TV Network during Tampa campaign stop.

Gubernatorial candidate Andrew Gillum and Tiger TV Network reporter Cody Altman during Gillum’s campaign stop in Tampa Friday.

Mayor Andrew Gillum shares his plans for Florida’s public schools with Tiger TV Network.  In an interview you’ll see only on TigerTVNetwork.com, Gillum says he will not only increase teacher pay, but decrease the amount of tests students are required to take if he is elected Governor of Florida November 6.  “The first thing we are going to do is pay teachers a wage that they can live on, ” says Gillum.  “We’re going to honor our teachers who do extremely important work.  We’re going to make sure that students like you aren’t tested to death in such a way that you are not inspired to go to class, or inspired to go to school.”

Gillum says he also wants students supported in their curriculum with a wide range of subjects that include the arts and skills training that will help students earn a good wage when they graduate.

Gillum attended a forum in Tampa Friday night where one of the topics of discussion was Florida’s Stand Your Ground law.  Tiger TV Network caught up with him during his campaign stop at the Hilton Westshore Hotel on Cypress Street.

Tiger TV Network reached out to Gillum’s challenger, Ron DeSantis, but have not heard back as of yet.

3 Comments

3 Responses to “Andrew Gillum Talks to Tiger TV Network”

1. Zachary Melson on October 23rd, 2018 4:40 pm

Everybody please remember to vote this November! Early voting sites are already open, and you can vote on any one of them in the same county as your home address. However, if you plan to vote on Election Day (November 6), you must go to your registered polling place. Remember to bring a valid photo ID. Every vote counts!

2. Ethan Thompson on November 2nd, 2018 12:23 pm

Also in regards to voting: make sure you have a plan, so that way you don’t miss the date due to complications

3. John Jiler on December 15th, 2018 1:01 pm

THE NOTORIOUS NINETEEN
    Dear Editor;
    Autumn is deepening, and seniors are thinking harder and harder about their next step. For many of us, your generation is the hope of the future. The Parkland high school shootings galvanized young people across the nation to passionately advocate for common sense gun laws. Now, as your attention turns to college, we want to turn our admiration into action.
    With the help of the Brady Center, the new Gabby Giffords consortium, Everytown for Gun Safety and the Columbia Scholastic Press Association, we’ve reached out to high school journalists across the country with our list of the NOTORIOUS NINETEEN—the states with dangerous, inadequate gun laws. Many of them condone the open carry of weapons on college campuses; others simply turn a blind eye to the potential for gun violence in their state. Our mission has been to make these places known to high school seniors. We’re encouraging them NOT to apply to college in…
    ALABAMA, ALASKA, ARIZONA, ARKANSAS, FLORIDA, GEORGIA, IDAHO, KANSAS, KENTUCKY, MISSISSIPPI, MISSOURI, MONTANA, NEW HAMPSHIRE, NORTH DAKOTA, OKLAHOMA, TEXAS, UTAH, WEST VIRGINIA, or WYOMING.
    Sadly, your state is on this list. You’re no doubt very proud of the place you live, and you should be. But the gun violence epidemic in this country has taken too many lives, and things must change. You can be part of that change, by encouraging your elected officials and your families and your friends to think about some serious questions. Should teenagers be able to order AR-15s through the mail? Should people with a history of mental illness be allowed easy access to guns? If you feel the answer to these questions is “no,” we all have a lot of work to do!
    Thank you for considering the publication of this letter in your newspaper. Good luck with your own decision about college, and have a safe and prosperous senior year!
    Best,
    John Jiler,
    Coordinator,
    Committee for Scholastic Action On Guns

https://sites.google.com/site/committeescholasticactionguns/home?previewAsViewer=1

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.