Andrew Gillum Talks to Tiger TV Network

Back to Article
Back to Article

Andrew Gillum Talks to Tiger TV Network

Mayor Andrew Gillum talks to Tiger TV Network during Tampa campaign stop.

Gubernatorial candidate Andrew Gillum and Tiger TV Network reporter Cody Altman during Gillum’s campaign stop in Tampa Friday.

Mayor Andrew Gillum shares his plans for Florida’s public schools with Tiger TV Network.  In an interview you’ll see only on TigerTVNetwork.com, Gillum says he will not only increase teacher pay, but decrease the amount of tests students are required to take if he is elected Governor of Florida November 6.  “The first thing we are going to do is pay teachers a wage that they can live on, ” says Gillum.  “We’re going to honor our teachers who do extremely important work.  We’re going to make sure that students like you aren’t tested to death in such a way that you are not inspired to go to class, or inspired to go to school.”

Gillum says he also wants students supported in their curriculum with a wide range of subjects that include the arts and skills training that will help students earn a good wage when they graduate.

Gillum attended a forum in Tampa Friday night where one of the topics of discussion was Florida’s Stand Your Ground law.  Tiger TV Network caught up with him during his campaign stop at the Hilton Westshore Hotel on Cypress Street.

Tiger TV Network reached out to Gillum’s challenger, Ron DeSantis, but have not heard back as of yet.